Sunday, December 20, 2009

Blue Shadow on the Trail


"Arizona moon keep shining
From the desert sky above
You know pretty soon
That big yellow moon
Will light the way back to the one you love.

Blue shadows on the trail
Little cowboy, close your eyes and dream
All of the doggies are in the corral
All of your work is done
Just close your eyes and dream little pal
Dream of someone

Boom boom boom boom...

Blue shadows on the trail
Soft wind blowing through the trees above
All the other little cowboys
Back in the bunkhouse now, so
Close your eyes and dream"

Since I am doing a series of Cult Cinema paintings, "Three Amigos" MUST be a part of it. It's easily one of my favorite movies and I felt this scene sums the whole thing up for me. It's funny, sincere, and completely ridiculous. Remember when these 3 guys were funny? I miss those days. It would be nice to have another painting go with this, maybe a portrait of El Guapo, and of course his sweater. We'll see what gets pumped out in the next couple of weeks. It's been really nice to finish this painting. I started it in September. Work picked up in a big way this Fall and sucked all of my free time for painting. I think this summer was some kind of record for me on how many pieces I cranked out. I am hoping the next few weeks I will be able to pick up the pace a bit with some new art.

Update on Gallery, looks like this March might work out for a show in Long Beach. Stay tuned for that. Also, if anyone is interested in a reproduction of this one ( or any of these paintings ) be sure to let me know. I am testing the desire of making lithos of my work.

Thanks for checking out the site, and being patient for this long awaited update.

"....Good night Ned"

1 comment:

  1. 1. I LOVE that you gave Martin Short "Barney eyes" (as in Barney Rubble). Hilarious!

    2. It is eerie how much that looks like Chevy Chase. NICE work!

    :)

    ReplyDelete