Tuesday, August 18, 2009

M I C, see ya real soon! K E Y, why so serious?

Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. Here we have the leader of the club, Mickey Mouse, an agent of chaos. Toontown needs a better class of criminal and he's gonna give it to them. His operation is small, but there's a lot of potential for Disneyland "aggressive" expansion.

ok, ok, I'll stop. I can go on, but I will spare you. This one pretty much is what it is. Taking a world famous corporate icon and mixing it with a instant modern classic of pop culture, and here you go. The idea to paint this came to me completely by accident this weekend while painting a mural in a kids room for a friend. I smeared some red on Mickey's face and thought, "HEY, that looks kinda like the joker." Two days later hear you go.

I've been asked already if I'm going to make this into a T-shirt. Well, no, but I am looking into making reproductions of this for sure. Hit me up if you would be interested, any of these paintings actually. But this will also most likely be on the invite for the upcoming gallery.

Hopefully we will see that soon. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Love this one Sam! Keep me on the list for your gallery showing! peter@balloonhaven.com

    ReplyDelete